Job Title: SpArC Theatre Arts Event Supervisor
Responsible To: Theatre Manager
Job Purpose: To provide an effective, efficient, safe and hospitable
service to customers and other users of the Theatre.
Hours: 144 hours per annum (averaging 12 hours per month)@ £12.50/hour
This part-time role requires a capable, approachable, responsible and well organised person to supervise the delivery of specified SpArC Theatre events throughout the year. You will be working as part of team with the Theatre Manager supported by loyal and passionate volunteers to help run our expanding vibrant programme. The role will include running the box office, overseeing and co-ordinating volunteers, supervising the audience, running the bar and carrying out the technical requirements of the event. You may also have responsibility for venue set-up/take down and securing the SpArC centre when working outside the leisure centre hours. The successful candidate will receive specific technical, health and safety and operational training.
- To take lead operational responsibility for the safety and security of the theatre audience, ensuring that systems and procedures are followed at all times;
- To implement the emergency/incident plan procedures for each event, in consultation with the Theatre Manager, ensuring that appropriate and correct emergency and evacuation procedures are undertaken if required;
- To ensure the safety and security of the SpArC Centre when working outside normal leisure centre opening hours.
- To ensure the efficient operation of the box office and bar;
- To co-ordinate the work of Volunteer Stewards;
- To liaise with the Theatre Manager regarding:
- Specific event requirements
- Health & safety
- Environmentally sustainable initiatives
- Maintenance & cleaning
- Programme planning
- To deputise for the Theatre Manager in their absence;
- To perform other duties as and when required by the Theatre Manager or ESWS Staff.
- This role may require some physical work setting up and taking down seating.
The successful candidate will be employed, initially for one year, by Enterprise South West Shropshire, who manage the SpArC Theatre.
The contract of 144 hours per annum, will be flexible to meet the requirements of the theatre programme and will be arranged with the Theatre Manager. Further hours may be available if the programme requires.
SpArC Theatre Arts Event Supervisor
|· Relevant experience||*|
|· Experience of a customer focused environment||*|
|· Experience of working with volunteers||*|
|· Audio/visual knowledge (training provided)||*|
|· Able to work flexibly, majority of shifts are evenings and weekends||*|
|· Some physical work required||*|
|· Reliable and able to work independently||*|
|· Excellent customer service skills||*|
|· Organised, able to prioritise workload and work to deadlines||*|
|· Practical and adaptable||*|
|· Ability to co-ordinate volunteers||*|
|· Willing to learn new skills||*|
|· Ability to work under pressure||*|
|· Able to work independently||*|
|· IT literate (training provided on in-house programmes)||*|
|· Able to work as part of a team||*|
Training to be provided on:
|· Relevant Health and Safety legislation|
|· Appropriate First Aid|
|· Application of licensing laws (BIIAB)|
|· GDPR awareness|
|· Relevant IT applications|
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
or drop it in to Enterprise House or SpArC Box Office
Applications close Sunday 10th December 2023.